Growth Hormone in Men
The Med-Health 360 Prescription
Growth Hormone ( Somatotropin )
Growth hormone is an anabolic hormone produced by your pituitary gland, that has an essential role in maintaining the growth and repair of virtually every cell in your body. Your body needs growth hormone for almost every physiological function including the metabolism and regulation of fat, bone, muscle, and even your skin.
Growth hormone is essential to the growth spurts that are seen in childhood and adolescence. Its levels drops by as much as 70 to 80 percent as a person ages into adulthood. As growth hormone levels decrease, cellular metabolism is disrupted. Cells begin to lose their natural ability to maintain proper weight, energy, and strength. By the time you are 70, your body may have a decreased growth hormone levels by as much as 90%
What Does Growth Hormone Do For You
- Increased muscle strength and mass.
- Decreased body fat, particularly in the midsection.
- Improved cardiovascular function and lowered blood pressure.
- Increased energy and stamina.
- Increased elasticity in the skin, particularly in the face.
- Deeper sleep.
- Improved bone strength and density.
- Higher sex drive and improved sexual function.
- Shorter recovery time from injuries and exercise.
- Sharper mental acuity.
- Improved kidney function.
- Stronger immune system.
- Improved hair texture.
- Higher HDL (good cholesterol) and lower LDL (bad cholesterol).
- Improved mood and sense of wellbeing.
- Faster metabolism.
- Increased protection from the ravages of stress and cortisol.
Growth Hormone in Men
- Growth hormone must be administered by injection
- Oral ( pill ) forms of growth hormone are broken down by your stomach and therefore not effective
- Growth hormone can be increased by either injecting recombinant GH or by stimulating the pituitary to release your own growth hormone
- The benefit of therapy needs to be confirmed by diagnostic blood levels
- Lab studies are required every 4 weeks
Treatment for Low Growth Hormone
- Growth hormone is administered by injection daily.
- In general, it will take about 4 to 8 weeks to see its benefits including better sleep.
- Most people will see a maximum benefit in how they look and feel in about 3 to 6 months
- You will need to follow up every 4 weeks to monitor your hormone levels and evaluate your progress
- Additional labs required include blood glucose, cholesterol, and occasional bone density testing
Is Growth Hormone Therapy Safe?
- Fortunately, serious side effects are rare.
- Swelling, numbness, and joint and muscle aches and pains are the most common side effects.
- You may experience these side effects if you’re getting more growth hormone than you need.
- If you have these symptoms, talk to your doctor immediately. He or she will adjust the amount of growth hormone you’re taking.
- Once your doctor adjusts your dose, the symptoms should go away on their own.
- There are some people who shouldn’t take growth hormone injections, such as people who have tumors or cancer. People who are seriously ill, have multiple injuries from a trauma, or severe breathing problems should also not take growth hormone injections.
Who Should Never Get Growth Hormone Therapy?
- Patients with tumors or cancers can see their tumors grow
- People who are seriously ill or after multiple traumas can see problems with wound healing
Get Info on Other Males Symptoms
Low Sex Drive
Percentage of Men Experiencing Andropause Symptoms By Age
Frequently Asked Questions
Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) has actually been used in the United States since 1938. Bio-identical Hormones are all natural plant based products made from yams and a small amount of soy. These hormones have the same molecular structure as the hormones produced within our own bodies. There are numerous studies worldwide that document the benefits and safety of BHRT. These studies also report a lower incidence of side effects when compared with prescription drugs. BHRT should not be confused with “synthetic hormones which are typically found in many creams, gels and injectables used for hormone replacement.
BHRT is a short, simple in-office procedure using local anesthesia. Your doctor will insert the pellets into the fatty layer just beneath your skin. In men and women, a small incision is made in the buttocks or in the lower abdomen. The process is painless and takes just a few minutes.
One of greatest advantages of pellet therapy is the low incidence of side effects. Although extremely rare, side effects may include: slight bruising, minor bleeding, infection or extrusion of the pellets.
Your doctor will interpret your blood tests and determine an appropriate dosage specifically designed for your body. Women who receive estrogen can feel significantly better in 24-36 hours. Men and women who receive testosterone will start to feel relief of symptoms in 10-14 days. After your pellet insertion, you should avoid vigorous exercise for a few days as directed by your physician. Your doctor will evaluate your hormone levels on an ongoing basis and monitor any future changes needed.
You can obtain BHRT Pellets by scheduling an appointment with a trained, certified physician who specializes in hormonal therapy. In order to obtain the correct dosage and proper placement of the pellets, the doctor should be knowledgeable and specifically trained in pellet therapy!
To find out if BHRT is the right solution for you, speak with an HTCA physician today!
A Trusted and Professional Health-Care Site
Medical site devoted to educating the public about how to improve their health and wellness through advice and the sourcing of safe and effective medical products
Follow us online
Follow us on our other platform for more articles, plastic surgery images, and innovations on our social channels
LIMITED TIME OFFER
Get $150 Off Today!
Summer Slimming Package!
Refer a friend and get another $50Off
as CoolSculpting Dollar Discounts
Other Med-Health 360 Programs
Below are some of our programs that patients often choose to have done for their health and wellness journey.
Programs for Women
Wellness & Anti-aging
Chronic Pain Relief
Vitamins and Supplements
Hair Loss Solutions
Medical Weight Loss
Popular Posts About Wellness
Aesthetica brings you the latest news in aesthetic enhancement
#1 in Northern Virginia
Med-Health 360 is a premier wellness center and a partner to top rated doctors in Northern Virginia.
Award Winning Team
Our nurses have award after award for their achievements in providing health and wellness services.
We offer you great VALUE and the BEST RESULTS in every product or service we provide.
Our encryption help keeps your online transactions guarded from start to finish.
Four brands working together for a healthier, more beautiful you.
PLASTIC SURGERY FACILITY
Aesthetica’s state-of-the-art medical facility provides a safe and convenient cosmetic oasis where world class technology and equipment is coupled with a caring, compassionate staff. You will be welcomed into a chic, inviting reception area and greeted by our friendly patient coordinator. Your treatment will be performed in one of our cutting edge suites, and then you will be escorted to our soothing, restorative recovery rooms. Concierge service and boutique amenities await at every stage of your journey.