Testosterone in Women
The Med-Health 360 Prescription
Why Do Women Need Testosterone?
Women need testosterone just as much as men do… women just need much less. Testosterone levels drop in women just like they do in men. Testosterone is important to women because not having enough can lead to loss of sexual desire, loss of energy, mood swings, and weight gain. It helps burn fat and build lean muscle mass. Without the correct level of testosterone woman are more at risk of osteoporosis (bone weakening), heart disease, Alzheimer’s and diabetes.
Remember how you felt when you were 20 or 30? When you had the energy for a full week of work and a socially full weekend. Testosterone was largely responsible. Testosterone makes your sex drive strong, and keeps your moods stable. It helps you build muscle, and control fat. It even makes your mind sharper, and your energy level higher.
DO YOU HAVE LOW TESTOSTERONE?
Probably, if you answer yes to most of these questions:
- Do you have a decrease in libido (sex drive)?
- Do you have a lack of energy?
- Have you noticed a decreased enjoyment of life?
- Are you sad, grumpy, or both?
- Have you noted a recent deterioration in your ability to play sports?
- Are you falling asleep after dinner?
- Is your memory fuzzy?
- Are you struggling to build and maintain muscle?
- Is sexual intercourse painful?
- Is you skin dry and/or thinning?
- Are you gaining fat around your abdomen?
Testosterone And Menopause
Women need testosterone just as much as they need estrogen. Testosterone and estrogen levels both decline with age particularly as they enter perimenopause. Many of the symptoms of menopause such as mood swings, loss of energy and sexual desire, memory issues and more are the culprit of low levels of estrogen and testosterone. There is nothing more alarming than starting a sentence and forgetting how it is going to end, not remembering the name of things, crying at the drop of a hat or feeling fatigued before the day has even begun. Wouldn’t it be great if you could take a supplement that would help alleviate these issues?
How Do We Test For Low Testosterone?
A simple blood test will help determine testosterone levels. We draw the blood from your arm and recommend a morning appointment because that is when the levels are at their peak. There is no preparation needed, is a very quick and easy blood draw and apart from possible bruising no after effects.
Treatment for Low Testosterone
Ours is not a cookie cutter approach. The Med-Health 360 Prescription has a unique system for finding precisely the right dose of testosterone for you based on your symptoms and laboratory studies that can help you feel like you again. Testosterone replacement in many women can help restore a more satisfying sex life, improve energy, and improve your ability to lose weight and build strength. The hormone replacement treatment we prescribe will use bioidentical hormones which are synthetic hormones derived from plant estrogens which are chemically identical to the hormones found in the human body. These compounded hormones can be synthesized to specifically target the individuals needs.
Testosterone can affect the following:
Bone Health and Formation
The Ability to Burn Fat
"Saliva has testosterone and estrogen. When you kiss you are having a chemical experience." Helen Fisher, Scientist
Frequently Asked Questions
Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) has actually been used in the United States since 1938. Bio-identical Hormones are all natural plant based products made from yams and a small amount of soy. These hormones have the same molecular structure as the hormones produced within our own bodies. There are numerous studies worldwide that document the benefits and safety of BHRT. These studies also report a lower incidence of side effects when compared with prescription drugs. BHRT should not be confused with “synthetic hormones which are typically found in many creams, gels and injectables used for hormone replacement.
BHRT is a short, simple in-office procedure using local anesthesia. Your doctor will insert the pellets into the fatty layer just beneath your skin. In men and women, a small incision is made in the buttocks or in the lower abdomen. The process is painless and takes just a few minutes.
One of greatest advantages of pellet therapy is the low incidence of side effects. Although extremely rare, side effects may include: slight bruising, minor bleeding, infection or extrusion of the pellets.
Your doctor will interpret your blood tests and determine an appropriate dosage specifically designed for your body. Women who receive estrogen can feel significantly better in 24-36 hours. Men and women who receive testosterone will start to feel relief of symptoms in 10-14 days. After your pellet insertion, you should avoid vigorous exercise for a few days as directed by your physician. Your doctor will evaluate your hormone levels on an ongoing basis and monitor any future changes needed.
You can obtain BHRT Pellets by scheduling an appointment with a trained, certified physician who specializes in hormonal therapy. In order to obtain the correct dosage and proper placement of the pellets, the doctor should be knowledgeable and specifically trained in pellet therapy!
To find out if BHRT is the right solution for you, speak with an HTCA physician today!
FAQs about Testosterone Replacement
Lose weight | Increase Energy | Mental Acuity
Living a long life is great but not at the expense of living a healthy and fulfilling life. Traditional medicine can fail because it concentrates on treating problems rather than educating and helping women prevent those problems in the first place. Our Med-Health 360 prescription includes nutritional health, physical fitness, hormonal balance, and programs for mental stimulation.
This prescription is an individualized treatment based on an initial consultation, an extensive questionnaire, nutritional and hormone labs taken and other metabolic testing which are generally ignored in most traditional medical offices.
- Primary testicular failure ( hypogonadism )
- Secondary Forms: Hypothalamic or pituitary dysfunction
- Combined Forms: decreased pulsatility of gonadotropins plus decreased leydig cell response
- Congenital ( Kallman’s syndrome ) or acquired pituitary adenoma.
- Testosterone will dilate blood vessels.
- Narrowing of blood vessels can be addressed by testosterone
- Increases lean body mass including muscle and bone
- Decreases fat including appendicular and truncal fat (belly fat)
- Affects mesenchymal stem cell differentiation
- Increases protein synthesis
- Decreases protein degradation
- Increases the reutilization of amino acids
- Increases hemoglobin concentration and red cell mass
- More profound effects in the elderly
- Increases cortical bone mass
- Estradiol ( a metabolite of testosterone ) inhibits bone resorption
- Increasing testosterone can decrease hip and other pathologic fractures
- Testosterone is a vasodilator and can decrease blood pressure
- Inverse correlation between testosterone levels and cardiovascular risk
- Inverse relationship between testosterone levels and visceral fat
- Low testosterone is associated ( not causal ) with aortic atherosclerosis
- Low testosterone is associated ( not causal ) with carotid artery narrowing
- Testosterone replacement improves HDL while decreasing Cholesterol and LDL
- Increased triglycerides
- Increased glucose
- Decreased HDL
Multiple studies have shown the benefits of TRT in treating metabolic syndrome and cardiovascular disease.
- Elevated hemoglobin concentrations
- Breast cancers are NOT contraindications
- Decreased testosterone results in decreased libido
- TRT increases the frequency of sexual thoughts and desires
- TRT increases the response to erotic stimuli
- TRT increases the frequency of orgasms
A Trusted and Professional Health-Care Site
Medical site devoted to educating the public about how to improve their health and wellness through advice and the sourcing of safe and effective medical products
Follow us online
Follow us on our other platform for more articles, plastic surgery images, and innovations on our social channels
LIMITED TIME OFFER
Get $150 Off Today!
Summer Slimming Package!
Refer a friend and get another $50Off
as CoolSculpting Dollar Discounts
Other Med-Health 360 Programs
Below are some of our programs that patients often choose to have done for their health and wellness journey.
Programs for Women
Wellness & Anti-aging
Chronic Pain Relief
Vitamins and Supplements
Hair Loss Solutions
Medical Weight Loss
Popular Posts About Wellness
Aesthetica brings you the latest news in aesthetic enhancement
#1 in Northern Virginia
Med-Health 360 is a premier wellness center and a partner to top rated doctors in Northern Virginia.
Award Winning Team
Our nurses have award after award for their achievements in providing health and wellness services.
We offer you great VALUE and the BEST RESULTS in every product or service we provide.
Our encryption help keeps your online transactions guarded from start to finish.
Four brands working together for a healthier, more beautiful you.
PLASTIC SURGERY FACILITY
Aesthetica’s state-of-the-art medical facility provides a safe and convenient cosmetic oasis where world class technology and equipment is coupled with a caring, compassionate staff. You will be welcomed into a chic, inviting reception area and greeted by our friendly patient coordinator. Your treatment will be performed in one of our cutting edge suites, and then you will be escorted to our soothing, restorative recovery rooms. Concierge service and boutique amenities await at every stage of your journey.